Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Welcome visitors!

Wow! I just checked my stats and saw that the page got 15 hits from new visitors today alone. Thanks so much! Let's see if we can keep it interesting enough to lure you back. The next few days are going to be pretty image-intensive as we catch up, so I apologize to those of you with slower internet connections.

First, remember the baby blanket? I finished it three weeks ago. Seriously, I thought the kid was going to be in college before it was done. I added an edge of two stitches per each final stitch with a few extras in the corners. I never knew a little girl who didn't like a ruffle. She's here safe and sassy, by the way. Here's the blanket

.

Next in the category of Way Back When (it does seem like an awfully long time ago, so much has changed in the past two months) - the crockpot dyeing lesson. I did finally find an unsweetened Kool-Aid connection, dyed the gorgeous cashmerino and started to knit. Here are some pics of that fun day,


and my sad little attempt at using knitting needles.


It is pretty, though, isn't it? Click on the photo to see it larger and in better detail. I'm very pleased with the end result. The shading is so subtle and it's beautiful to work with, soft and gentle on the hands.

Next post we'll have some pics of the new digs and garden-related goodness. We had the first salad tonight for dinner, it was wonderful!

Take care and thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Dav DiDi said...

Cool !! ....

I wish I can do that too ..